January 19, 2019 @ 9:30AM — 4:00PM
Join Jam Cruise’s Conscious Cruisers & Positive Legacy for a Day of Service and Eco Adventure in Progreso, Mexico!
Join Jam Cruise's Conscious Cruisers and Positive Legacy for a Day of Service and Eco Adventure in Progreso, Mexico! Our eco adventure starts at the beach enjoyed by the locals. Washed ashore plastics continue to be an environmental problem for area beaches. We'll kick it off with a beach clean up for the community and a brief presentation from our Marine Expert on ocean plastics. Then we are off for a kayaking adventure among the mangrove systems! Before we hit the water we will enjoy a fresh, delicious Yucatecan lunch under shade palapas.
Meet the Conscious Cruiser Marine Expert, Dr. Sarah-Jeanne Royer. Dr. Royer is heading to Jam Cruise all the way from Honolulu, Hawaii. Dr. Royer has a Ph. D. in Marine Sciences from the Institut de Ciencies del Mar, Barcelona, Spain and is currently in Hawaii conducting experimental work assessing greenhouse gases by virgin and aged plastic from the ocean.
- Coolers of iced bottled water for our beach clean-up
- Yucatecan lunch with local and fresh ingredients. Upon booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com to let us know what you would like for lunch:
● Breaded fresh fish
● Breaded fresh chicken
● Spaghetti pasta with fresh shrimp
● Vegetarian dish
- Natural beverages with meal (water + Jamaica cold hibiscus tea or lemonade)
*Beer is available for purchase; $25 pesos each at kayak center
- Private Guides (English/Spanish bilingual)
- Kayaks + Life Jackets